Collective Impact results when actors from different sectors commit to a common agenda for solving a complex social issue. Backbone Organizations play a complex, behind-the-scenes role in the success of these collective impact initiatives. The Backbone Organization's role spans six major activities, requires a diversity of skills and is essential to maintain alignment across the partners. The effectiveness with which a Backbone Organization fulfills its role often determines the success or failure of the Collective Impact Initiative as a whole.
Champions for Change: Leading a Backbone Organization for Collective Impact is a multi-day interactive workshop designed specifically for the leaders of Leadership Roundtables, Coordinating Committees or Backbone Organizations of mature collective impact initiatives.
The Tamarack Institute and FSG have partnered to develop this dynamic learning experience to offer leaders of Backbone Organizations an advanced learning opportunity designed exclusively for collaborative leaders. As a participant, you will:
Join us from Tuesday April 16th @ 1pm - Thursday April 18th @ 1pm in Toronto, Ontario.
- Strengthen your ability to guide your collective impact initiative toward results
- Learn from, and build connections with, other experienced leaders of backbone organizations across a range of social issues
- Participate in creating new resources and tools for the field of community collaborative and collective impact practitioners, which will be disseminated after the workshop
This event is full. To sign up for our waiting list, contact Rachel: Rachel@tamarackcommunity.ca
Workshop sessions will include topics such as:
- Deeply understanding the roles and impact strategies of the backbone organization
- Developing and learning from shared measurement
- Community engagement to build the will of your community
- Making collaborative governance effective
- Sustaining funding for collective impact over the long term
- Working in complexity and the importance of adaptive leadership
- Getting to true impact and systems change
This workshop has been designed specifically for the leaders of Leadership Roundtables, Coordinating Committees or Backbone Organizations of mature collective impact initiatives - or those who are planning to build one.
Please browse this web section to learn more about Champions for Change and how you can become a member of our learning community from April 16th to 18th in Toronto, Ontario.
Check out www.tamarackcci.ca: An Online Learning Community for Collaborative Leaders.
- Desire greater clarity in your role as the Backbone Organization or Leadership Roundtable within a mature collective impact initiative
- Value the opportunity to learn more about working with and leading in complexity
- Want to strengthen your ability to lead collective impact initiatives to results
- Seek new approaches for sustaining, mobilizing and funding your collective impact work
- Need to enhance your knowledge and skill with shared measurement
For more information on the workshop, please email rachel @ tamarackcommunity.ca
or call her at 519-885-5155.
Featured Audio Seminar
Making Collective Impact Work
with John Kania